|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 04/24/2022 : 18:10:24
hello out there...
been a while since the last wwr. sorry 'bout that. simply too much other tasks to do.
first i set up my two new servers. installing and configuring, some fiddling around. migrating some of the virtual machines on the new servers. test running all for 2-3 weeks just to make sure everything runs stable. soon the old servers will be shut down and sold. just for the geeks out there :
- 3x hp proliant dl380g7, each with 2x4 core, 128gb memory, 2x300gb raid 1 root disk, 5x400gb ssd raid 5 for the vms. vmware esxi5.5
- 1x hp proliant dl360g7, 2x4core, 64gb memory, 4x900gb raid 5
- hp proliant dl380g8, 2x10 core, 256gb memory, 2x300gb raid 1 root disk, 6x900gb raid 6 for vms, 1x900 hot spare, 10x400gb ssd raid 5 for vms, 1x400 hot spare, (25 drive slots). vmware esxi 7
- hp proliant dl380g8, 2x12 core, 256gb memory, 2x300gb raid 1 root disk, 6x900gb raid 6 for vms, (8 drive slots). vmware esxi 7
sounds impressive ? all servers are connected thru load-balanced 2x1gbit lan to my network. fully managed 48port switch, synology nas with 8x8tb. more than plenty of capacity and performance to do a lot of interesting things.
after receiving the necessary decals i managed to finally finish the 3 via f40ph locos that were in the shops for months. maybe even a year. definitely long enough to lose the windows for one unit. unfortunately sold out at kato. guess i have to dig thru my hobby room to find these parts.
today i disassembled 8 65ft log cars to paint them for cp rail. what color ? action red of course. just to figure out, all images i have for reference are for black cars that also look a bit different. after some minor work the cars now more resemble to original look. painting them with grimmy black and dusting off with "rust". painting the wheels and trucks was the next step. looking good so far.
- reassemble the couplers
- searching for better images before i can work on the decals and finally print and apply them.
stay tuned !