cp-forum.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 kitbashing and how-to articles
 general how-to (scenery, buildings, trackwork)
 How to control your turnouts the modern way
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

GRSJr
Hobo

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  20:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please check out the modern bi-polar instant charge capacitor discharge circuit. It has ZERO
time delay, requires only a small capacitor. a SPST ordinary toggle for Kato machines(DPDT for twin-coil machines), and there is no complicated electronics involved.

The circuit is fully described in the May issue of Mainline Modeler with a follow-up article
which has even more details in the current issue (June).

Several of us have been using this circuit for more than 3 years with excellent results.

In my control panel, I use Radio Shack Push-Push SPDT switches (RS 275-1555) because I like push-buttons, but SPST toggles work just as well.

The articles show a physical layout where the push-buttons are finger-spaced for good operation and compact size. This layout requires no complicated PC boards. The parts mount directly on the switches and a terminal strip (RS 274-0680) which provides the means of connecting to the switch machines.

The circuit was conceived to operate UniTrack turnouts, but it works great with twin-coil machines as well.

Check it out, Once you've used this circuit, you'll never want to go back to ordinary circuits.

Ray

Ray Stilwell

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  15:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GRSJr

RayRay Stilwell.

"rayray"... mmm, bad choice of words..

james bond viral videos
- Car Hire Chicago
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06