Whats your DCC MFG of choice!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  06:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am running two Zephyrs one as command other as booster!My choice of decoders is 90 percent TCS and 10 percent NCE. I use NCE for drop ins like proto SW units and Atlas S units.TCS i like there M series , small and great features.............i am as of late turning BEMF off as i dont like the motor buzz and sticking to dither!Steve

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  08:40:01  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
approx 400 digitrax decoders, approx 30 tcs decoders, tam valley dcc turnout control, digitrax boosters, custom made wireless handheld controlers.
Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  05:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
digitrax superchief extra with wireless, pm42's for power districts, about 30 digitrax decoders and tortise slowe motion switch machines, will be adding one or two more boosters and 2 more pm42's as the layout gets built, not sure how many more switch machines i need, scared to count lol

trains let us dream big ina small space
Go to Top of Page

CNCPVIA
Brakeman

Canada
272 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  01:13:45  Show Profile  Visit CNCPVIA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First, I had a LENZ system, but I was the only one having that... That means that I was not able to get support from other users.

I have removed the LENZ system and got the biggest DIGITRAX system that was available. Since then, many problems I have face and solved with the help of other Digitrax users who could helped me.

For the decoders, I only use TCS decoders even tought they are a bit more expensive. With their "goof proof" warranty, it is like a life span warranty.

I have some TSUNAMI (soundtraxx) decoders aswell as some MRCs... while they last! I am not a big fan of MRC sound decoders, but they are the easiest one to use in N scale. Simple drop-in and they are half the price of TSUNAMI ones, which require soldering.

As for the number of units I have converted to DCC, it is around 400 already!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.17 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06