New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SantaFeJim
Hobo

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  19:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm SantaFeJim and I joined this forum last Thursday when Atlas announced that they were "pulling the plug" on their forum.

I have been in model railroading off-and-on since about age six. I am now 65, retired and currently modeling three-rail scale and HO. The 3-rail scale is through a club that I belong to. As for HO, I am building a 32' x 13' layout in my basement.

The 3-rail club is the Independent Hi-Raiers Midwest Division. We have only 12 members but ALL are very active in the hobby. Our modular layout measures 74' x 62' and we only get to assemble it 3-4 times per year. This year we already did the World's Greatest Hobby Show in Schaumburg Illinois. In July we are doing NMRA Convention in Grand Rapids Mi. In October we will be at the iHobby Show in Cleveland. Then in mid-Novmber we will set for our favorite show, TrainFest in West Allis (a suburb of Milwaukee).

Here are 2 pictures of layout in West Allis.

The HO layout is in the early stages. The framing and benchwork is done and I have a little track layer. I will post some pictures later. Rught now I can't access my photo bucket account.

Coming soon to a layout near you... The Santa Fe El Capitan.

SantaFeJim
Hobo

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  21:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some pic's of my benchwork.

Here is the track plan. Sorry for the small size, but I did not want to post it in sections.

Coming soon to a layout near you... The Santa Fe El Capitan.
Go to Top of Page

sschaer

911 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  08:56:53  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow that's some really nice benchwork. wonder how long it will take until you run the first train.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06