New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CPRail43
Hobo

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  20:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. My name is Braedan. I live in Lethbridge Alberta. I registered because I thought I could get to know a bit more about the railway, and everyone who knows something about it. Here's something I know about the railway. My city is definatly a huge part of the railway, thanks to its bridge. The Lethbridge Viaduct, or High Level Bridge. It's the longest and highest steel rail trestle of its kind in the world. It's the highest and longest railway bridge in Canada. It's something worth checking out.

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  08:50:51  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome aboard !

living in lethbridge means plenty of chances to see cp rail trains.
been there in 2011.
Go to Top of Page

RhB_HJ
Hobo

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2013 :  04:59:41  Show Profile  Visit RhB_HJ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Yep, that bridge is on my "to do" list. Last time I was there I checked with the guys out at the yard and there was one train coming in but it would have been after dark, too late for shooting video.

BTW just got the brochure from our travel outfit which list an interesting trip Going East starting with the museum in Cranbrook and then catching Amtrak in Montana. Have to map that out and see how long it will be as a road trip. Shooting video from the train is not really my style, I much prefer to do the chasing and shooting.

Cheers

HJ
----
H-J Mueller
Coldstream BC Canada
http://www.rhb-grischun.ca
http://www.easternmountainmodels.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.11 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06