New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

suremann
Hobo

Switzerland
14 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  12:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is one of my recently finished projects. Inspired by some photos I found from the Squamish shops (BC) and a spare EMD 645 engine block from Detail Associates, I started to build a BCR locomotive. First I tried to find out if I can use a Kato powered chassis or part from it, to get my loco motorized. At the end I decided not to motorize my loco because when it will sit on the dead-track, it will not be moved anywhere. Isn’t it a easy excuse?

My locomotive of choice for this project would be BCR 3611 a GE B36-7. Stop, stop, stop, what this guy has written! He builds a GE loco with an EMD prime mover!? I know, I know, normally that would be a no-go , but I can’t find a N-scale GE prime mover. If you know a source from where I get such a engine, I would more than appreciated for any hint or link. Anyway, decision was made not to motorize and use an EMD engine.

I started with an undecorated body of a Atlas B23-7 and cut it in pieces. To get a foundation for the engine, I filled the gap in the sill with two pieces of styrene. I used the same styrene to build a support structure for the tank, this allow me to just clip the tank to the sill without the use of any glue. Then I drilled the holes for the trucks. More or less that was it. Final assembly, some more detail parts like the beautiful Sinclair antennas from Sandro, paint and decals, e voila…..

The final touch to this project was the weathering and the figures. Hope you enjoy watching these pictures.

Cheers

Markus
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06