Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 railroad, model railroad, electronics
 HO scale
 Kato HO P42 Update...Things are looking up...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  08:36:50  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
glad to hear you finally figured out how to get these engines running. still strange though. kato engines usually need no tweaking at all. at least not n-scale engines.
Go to Top of Page

swchief3
Passenger

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  04:22:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sschaer

glad to hear you finally figured out how to get these engines running. still strange though. kato engines usually need no tweaking at all. at least not n-scale engines.

Thanks, Sandro! I just got the Heritage units, and had to tweak them, as I just posted on the other thread. The tweaking worked, and these Heritage units are running great.

For reasons I now don't remember, I altered the wheel wipers on my original three units, by returning their arms to full horizontal. Sure enough, performance suffered. Bent them back just now, and retested them, and they perked up. This is odd, I agree. I'm happy with the results, though.

I won't post any more updates, unless something really, really bizarre happens...

Edited by - swchief3 on 02/11/2014 04:28:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06