railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........09/14/2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  14:15:46  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for once i did not work on any custom paint project. instead i decided to improve my layout a little bit.

7-11 shop received a lighted sign on the rooftop. removing the building and adding the sign was quite easy. drilling a hole thru the layouts base was a snap. wiring was done while sitting underneath the layout. this is the kind of work i hate the most.

also the car parts dealer receive a 'napa auto parts' lighted sign which flashes at a very slow rate. installation was as easy as on the 7-11 shop. looks cool as well.

then the last building i updated was ... uhh.... the building where the ladies of the night work. removing the rooftop was tricky. while pulling the roof up i ripped off all the installed light bulbs of the second floor. bummer. so i decided to replace the light bulbs with led strips of 3 led each. wiring them this way makes the use of resistores unnecessary. drilling a 10mm hole thru the floor of the first floor, the basement and the layouts base was a pain. the drill cought the floor and basement and almost ripped the whole building apart. after installing the led in the rooms and the lighted sign on the rooftop i relocated some of the scenes inside the house. when lit it is now easier to see what's going on inside the rooms ...
finally the rooftop was glued back in place and the sign was wired up.
"paradise club" now has a flashing neon light as well !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.06 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06