railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........09/21/2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2014 :  16:24:09  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
work continued on 3 more via f40ph.

#6400 is now ready to receive the pepsi decals.

#6428 had a heavy accident even before it was ready for masking and painting. unfortunately the primered shell fell to the floor. where this big ol' sasquatch stepped on it. took me quite some time to glue the shell together. i had to use some putty to fill some cracks and holes. but at least i was able to mask the engine today and yellow and later blue have been painted.

#6436 had more luck than its sister unit. even it fell on the floor as well it was not crushed by my foot. some masking and painting has been done today.

i used a different way of masking for both 6428 and 6436. some weeks ago i built two jigs which should give me the upper and lower boundaries of the narrow blue stripe of old via units. these two engines are the first two locos i masked this way. looks pretty good.
the jig for the lower edge might need to be adjusted a bit. have to check it again. in case i really need to build a new lower masking jig then i also have to build a new one for the upper edge. once the styrene masking templates have their final shape i will post pictures here.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.12 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06