railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........08/12/2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2018 :  17:18:43  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not really too much done in the last two weeks. lots of other things going on.

at least i could start work on the bridge on the other side of the house. first few feet will be deck bridges going around a curve. i will post pictures as soon as there's enough to see.

i also fixed an issue on my n-scale layout. after a short my digitrax booster was not able to turn on again. took me a while to figure that one out. as some of you might know i use tam valley servo decoder and frog juicer. seems like it is important which way around the servo turns. changing rotation by 180 degrees by programming is a really bad idea. why ? because of the default position of the servo the turnout might have opposite polarization then the frog juicer. resulting in an immediate shutdown again. so i had to turn two servos by 180 degrees and reset their endpoints. short fixed.

to test the whole thing i ran some trains up and down the hill. should have cleaned the track first. after derailing because of some debris on the track 4 cars took a nose dive from 5ft down to the floor. damaged, but i was able to fix them again. i really should start with the landscape. this should prevent cars from fallig "off the earth".

stay tuned.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.14 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06