railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........01/19/2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2020 :  12:43:53  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g'day mates

for once little to no progress on the layout. just been ballasting a bit on the northwest end of the yard. nothing really to show off here.

in the meantime i have been renumbering 46 bathtub gondolas. for whatever reasons i had all these cars twice. so one set received new numbers. scratching off the "wrong" numbers with a scalpell was fairly easy and straight forward. some of the cars received more realistic loads until..... yes, until i ran out of loads. as usuall. never enough stuff to do the job. oh well.

here are the cars that received new numbers but no loads and no weathering. will finish them once i receive new loads.

a nice set of loaded and weathered coal cars. i first used rust and rail brown on the trucks and bottoms of the cars. then a fine mist on their sides. after that i used oily black and engine black to simulate the accumulated coal dust. no flat finish applied.

applying these small numbers needs a steady hand. at least i can print my own decals so i don't have to apply letter by itself.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06