railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........10/04/2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  16:25:36  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
work continued on the setup yard part of my layout. some of the servos used to throw the turnouts no longer work. i will replace them with metal gear servos. also the way they're mounted to the layout will change. no more hot glue. just not reliable enough. guess it will take a few evenings to get the 18 turnouts on this module working again. powering frogs will be another task. but these are plans for the next days or weeks. let's get back to what i've done.

planting bushes and trees took some time. guess it looks quite ok by now. maybe a few more bushes in some places. track has been cleaned and the yard has been powered on. running an engine with two tomix track cleaners was quite relaxing. haven't been running trains for months. but soon this yard will be fully operational again.

i replaced trucks and wheels on 12 cylindrical hoppers. rubbed of the roadnumber with 98% alcohol. they will soon receive new roadnumbers. that's the work involved because i ordered the same cars twice. oh well.

i already did the same with 48 bathtub coal gondolas earlier this year. but since then i received a few rapido steel wheels. so i took out the cars again and replaced the wheels. i really don't like this job. more than one axle decided to take a short flight. of course i could not find them again. while replacing the axles i found out , i renumbered one of the cars with a number i already have. that means, renumber the damned thing again.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.06 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06