railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........10/18/2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

911 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  17:08:34  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all 20 turnouts of the setup yard are working. had to replace a few of the ultra cheap servos though. some of the frogs are already powered. some need a bit of tweaking.

the container crane received to warning beacons. working of course. now there are only 18 of 120 light channels left. will probably add more cars in the town along with two trucks at the container terminal. we'll see.

finally after one year of searching worldwide i received a new motherboard for one of my laptops. installed it, threw everything together, powered on, installed win10. working ! great ! now this small laptop will be used for controlling the light system. why this one ? it has a touch screen. makes turning on/off the individual channels much easier.

along that i upgraded my network in the hobby room. a 8-port switch has been installed. so far one light/lan interface is connected along with a tv, a laptop. future devices will be at least one more light/lan interface, one more laptop for the whole dcc thing. programming track and such.

the repaired laptop is connected thru wlan. so i can walk around with it while controling the lights. pretty smart, isn't it ?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06