railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........09/25/2022
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2022 :  18:43:08  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

work continued on the landscape. some ballasting, rework of old scenery, more static grass, some bushes, tons of trees and quite a lot of replacement ties along the track.
i tried to order more trees. unfortunately the ones i use as a base (did some modifications to each and every tree....) are no longer available. bummer. tried to contact heki for a custom run but no reply. despite the fact i will need another rougly 6000 trees.
so i'm currently evaluating what kind of trees i will use on the remaining parts of the layout.

while working on the scenery i had two trains running on the same track. the usual track cleaning train and my custom made "the canadian" pulled by 3 of the brand new rapido trains f40ph. nice locos and excellent runners. way better than any other engine rapido brought out so far.

the fascia covering the lights have been installed as well. 3mm mdf, 25cm wide, 200/250cm long. covered in black wood imitation vinyl. this fascia exactly follows the form of the layout. just at the ceiling.
today i started installing the custom made lights. installation and wiring is done for 50% of this part of the layout. warm/cold/warm/cold... led. went quick and smooth. no issues. this should have made me suspicious.... after a while i found out i did the wiring wrong. all led wired in parallel. not an issue but i want to be able to dim the cold/warm white separately. this gives the possibilty of changing the color slightly. cold white for early morning, warm white for evening. both together for daytime. so...i started rewiring the lamps again. guess what... ran out of wire.

stay tuned for updates !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06