railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........05/28/2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

911 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2023 :  18:29:45  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

sorry for no wwr last weeks. but i spent a few days in spain. i swapped relaxing, sun, pool and excellent food for doing wiring under the layout.
but now i'm back at work. the engine facility is now operational as well. took me quite some fiddling to get all the shorts out and have everything running smooth. i had to replace 2 of the turnouts as they had some contact issues between tongues and frog.

the last few days i've been working on the south entry of the main yard. so far 16 turnouts are in place and operational. i used the usual tam valley depot quad-pic decoders and hex frog juicers. found out installation is much easier with the frog juicers than with the relay daughter boards. the frog juicer switches polarity when needed while the daughter boards switch at a certain position. this requires the turnout to make/loose contact in the exact same point in time.

here's an impression what it needs to control and power "a few" turnouts. now imagine this times 10 ....

as usual i ran out of stuff. need tons of servo cables and a few more quad-pic decoders. should all be here in the next 5-10 days. once all turnouts are operational i will install the fascia controllers. one 25mm/1" hole, one cover, one controller, one servo cable extension. per turnout ! by now you should be able to figure out the numbers....

stay tuned !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06