some more outdoor work done. fixed the heat pump for the pool, replaced some of the tubing to stop leaking. some more weed ripped out.
not much time for my little trains for most of the week. thursday was the first day to escape into the train room. running trains, doing some switching, figuring out the glitches in my complex dcc environment, toasting the trucks of an engine and similar stuff.
two pieces of the huge backdrop (88'x25" !!) along most of the layout have been printed out and temporary installed to the layout. looking good... now i just need to print another 20 pieces of 4'x25" and install all that backdrop... sorry for not taking pics yet.
in the mean time i installed a few tam valley fascia controllers for some of the many turnouts. i used tiny 1mm wide white tape to mark the track. then drilled 25mm/1" holes for the controllers, added some servo cable extensions, figured the way they need to be mounted. green led means track clear, red led means "no entry". since not all turnouts work in the same direction i had to turn some controllers upside down. i think i am the only one not liking this cheap trick. mounting all servos the same way would have given me a lot more headache than some turned controllers. all in all it looks nice. might have to adjust some of the white marking tape though.
now all turnouts can be controlled thru my dcc handheld throttles or by pushing the button on the cascia controllers ! so far so good. only a few dozens more ...