cp-forum.net
cp-forum.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........07/09/2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer
Moderator

908 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2023 :  20:04:33  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

since last work report i spent some time running trains. doing some switching in the southern part of the yard since the north end is not yet ready. i then installed a few more fascia turnout controllers. still a lot more to do.

then i finally took another try to get my light system up and running again. maybe you remember some weeks ago the system suddenly quit working. still no clue what the issue really was. anyways, it is working again. had to do a new inventory to figure out which of the 120 channels controls which lights. so far so good. the channels are out of service because i messed up the connectors. 9 more are yet unused. if anyone has any funny ideas what to do with those channels then let me know.
i also installed lights in a ups delivery van. imagine 8 led in a n-scale van ! 4 for the lights, 4 for turning lights. each of the two can be controlled independently.

then i had some issues with a kato c44. it kept derailing every now and then. well, 3-4 times per lap on main 3. turned out there was glue on the foremost axle. now it runs perfect.

the replacement trucks for the bachmann gp40 finally arrived. back in service. (i toasted one of the trucks while shorting out a turnout).

yesterday i finally had all parts and time together to install the third defect detector. this one gave me a hard time. first the main processor had some issues and i had to get a replacement. not easy if the company went out of business. then one of the two axle sensors didn't work as expected so i had to replace the infrared led and the matching detector. now both sensors work. installed both under the tracks of mainline 3. after some tweaking and adjusting the detector finally counts the axles correct. while at it i also reprogrammed the detector of mainline 2. cut out a tiny opening in the fascia to have the bezel installed. now you can read the main informations (axle count, speed, length, temperature from the led display in parallel to the audio output. now all 3 defect detectors are installed an in operation !

last friday i received a kato sd70mac. today i installed mt2004 couplers and a digitrax dn163k1c decoder. some programming, some weathering and the unit is ready for service.

today i ran 3 trains at the same time. one on each mainline. coal train on main 1, mixed manifest on main 2, passenger on main 3. while the coal and passenger trains ran smooth as ever, the manifest decided to leave the track. 14 cars took the 4ft plunge to the floor. crashing in pieces. . a few of the cars have been fixed already. but 7 or 8 need quite a bit of work to get them back in service. broken couplers, trucks, axles (!!) and similar. will probably take an evening to fix these cars. oh well. i guess i really need to start with the landscape to avoid more derailmends ending on the floor.

that's all folks ! stay tuned.

Edited by - sschaer on 07/16/2023 20:30:53
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06