last week i had some nasty health issues which kept me out of the hobby room. as soon as pain allowed working on the layout i added a few more trees to the horseshoe area giving a less uniform look.
while running my track cleaning train i did not notice it got stuck at a turnout and shortened it out. end of the story : i had to replace the turnout and a piece of track. having to do this work on a finshed part of the layout kinda sucks. however, had to do it.
then i mixed my usual putty and started landscaping towards the summit sidings. unfortunately i didn't take pictures of the process. oh well. yesterday a first part was done and even received grass and a few bushes. today i continued work in the summit area. a lot more needs to be done in the next few weeks. so stay tuned !