train room
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  19:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
havent done much on the layout for awhile, finally got some ambition and began cleaning up the train room and the other spare room, hoping to start on the rest of the benchwork this weekend, but we will see how long my ambition lasts

have fun everyone

trains let us dream big ina small space

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  16:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still havent got much done on the layout, did manage to get my dcc cabinet all done, booster installed and both pm42's installed and wired to terminal strips, ready for layout connections, drew my track plan for the other room and in the process i redesigned my entire layout track plan to better model the area i want, construction will be some work but im sure it will result in a better layout for running trains and switching, will post pics this weekend of the dcc cabinet

enjoy

Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  23:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got my train room cleaned out for the other room and benchwork started, drew the track plan out full size on cardboard on the floor and built the benchwork over top, hope to finish it this weekend and then start the roadbed, will post pics soon

Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  01:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well got the benchwork done except for the backdrops in a few places, but got it done enough to lay the cork roadbed and lay some track, did a few test runs up and down the tunnels section as i moved the whole thing to the other room to make more room for a few more towns and a bigger main yard in the original room, passing sidings will hold a 25 - 30 car train with 3 engines no problem and the yard will be closer to 35 - 40 when i build it, will have 3 towns, a couple coal mines, pulp and paper mill, a refinery and various other industries along the way, still working those out. ill post pics of the new spiral tunnels section after new years, should have all the track done by then and have it all wired.

enjoy

Go to Top of Page

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  13:16:29  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no pics ??
Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  04:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not yet sorry everyone, internet died last week so getting new high speed on the 14th of january, should have lots of pics to upload by then, not sure if this wireless im borrowing from the neighbour will handle it but got a few i can upload, ill give it a try whats the worst that can happen i get disconnected

Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  21:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
internet is here pics are too

will psot more after i get the last bit of track laid and start the wiring, so far so good for running, the curves handle a 89foot outorack easily

min radius in the tunnels is 19 inch, and the main line will also be 19 inch when complete

enjoy

Go to Top of Page

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  09:37:18  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking good so far.
Go to Top of Page

SD9043N
Passenger

165 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  16:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
posted some in the dcc topic area also

will post more soon, hoping to finish the trackwork this week, wiring next and have trains running on the whole section by the end of the month

until then enjoy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.22 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06