Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  19:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for allowing me to join the forum! The previous forum i belonged too had a simular format..........there was a paper clip used to post pictures linking your info to forum.Wondering if its a simular link here or whats the easiest if pictures permitted.Thanks Steve

administrator
Forum Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  19:51:30  Show Profile  Visit administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
posting pictures is easy ...
[ img]http://whatever-url/[/ img]

just remove the blanks before img. same as on the atlas forum

have fun
sandro
Go to Top of Page

administrator
Forum Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  19:53:30  Show Profile  Visit administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
press 'reply to topic' ...

check 'format:' ... 4th item from right is to add pictures.

have fun
sandro
Go to Top of Page

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  19:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sandro!I would use the upload link paper clip to upload picture from my hard drive and then insert!I am assuming i cannot do this? I only posted pictures from my hard drive picture album so i assume i must find another way of uploading the pictures or am i missing something here?. Thanks steve
Go to Top of Page

administrator
Forum Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  20:02:03  Show Profile  Visit administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how did you do that with atlas ? didn't know they provided webspace for pictures.

i'm sorry. disabled here. guess you have to use something like flickr or any other image hosting website.

have fun
sandro
Go to Top of Page

administrator
Forum Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  20:15:58  Show Profile  Visit administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok...seems to be an add-on feature. i will check if i want to install it or not.

have fun
sandro
Go to Top of Page

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  20:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some time ago MikeC posted a tutorial on Railroad Line forums because some folks had problem posting pictures.The jist of it if you look below the reply box when it comes up on that forum and Atlas similar to this forum a paper clip can be seen. When you click on paper clip which says insert a file i believe a box comes up so you can download a picture from a file on your hard drive. You then inserted the info as instructed and the pictures could come up as picture shown or clink on link to picture.Guess this was or is handy for those who have no picture albums etc elsewhere.I will figure something else out so i can post sometimee.Steve
Go to Top of Page

administrator
Forum Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  20:21:21  Show Profile  Visit administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it is an add-on (additional software). unfortunately there seem to be quite a few security issues with this feature. you could easily upload a virus and crash my server. not sure if i want that....

have fun
sandro
Go to Top of Page

SantaFeJim
Hobo

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  22:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, rather than pulling the image from your hard drive, upload it to something like PhotoBucket then insert just as sandro suggest.

I will try it here:

Works fine, and NO additional software required.

Coming soon to a layout near you... The Santa Fe El Capitan.

Edited by - SantaFeJim on 04/26/2012 22:02:20
Go to Top of Page

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  22:11:29  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks jim !
Go to Top of Page

Auburnflyer
Hobo

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  22:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SantaFeJim

Steve, rather than pulling the image from your hard drive, upload it to something like PhotoBucket then insert just as sandro suggest.

I will try it here:

Works fine, and NO additional software required.

Jim
You should enjoy this model of the 2903, which is at the IRM.
Auburnflyer

And one more great Santa Fe Texas types.

Go to Top of Page

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  23:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Signed up for photo bucket! I am fumbleing my way through..........does it work ? The big question
Go to Top of Page

SantaFeJim
Hobo

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  23:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct sir. I do love the 2903. I had the MTH 3-rail scale version that came out about 10-12 years ago. I have since sold it when I got interested in HO.

I have seen the one at IRM and it is in really rough condition. I don't know if or when IRM will ever have the funds to restore that puppy. They have what seems to be a hundred projects on the to do list. All they need is a few million dollars and a few hundred more volunteers and they start some of the projects in the queue.

BTW, who produced your 2903?

Great Pic.

Go to Top of Page

Steve Turner
Hobo

32 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  23:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

One more to try! An old Athearn beater i painted up , decaled for fun! Thanks for the tips on Photo Bucket! Steve
Go to Top of Page

Auburnflyer
Hobo

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  23:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SantaFeJim

You are correct sir. I do love the 2903. I had the MTH 3-rail scale version that came out about 10-12 years ago. I have since sold it when I got interested in HO.

I have seen the one at IRM and it is in really rough condition. I don't know if or when IRM will ever have the funds to restore that puppy. They have what seems to be a hundred projects on the to do list. All they need is a few million dollars and a few hundred more volunteers and they start some of the projects in the queue.

BTW, who produced your 2903?

Great Pic.

The 2903 is by Samhongsa for Hallmark and is called a Super Crown. It really has some nice details.
Auburnflyer
Go to Top of Page

SantaFeJim
Hobo

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  23:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve -

It worked fine on the first post. Got to see your CP 7400.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.12 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06