railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........06/30/2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  16:31:34  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
work continued on the 'summit motel'. added a few led, wiring and such. glued the hotel in place on the base. started wiring. just to figure out i mixed up plus and minus. no big thing with bulbs. but led just don't light up. so i ripped the hotel off from the base, opened up the floors and rewired the whole .... thing.
then glueing back in place. rewiring. works, except for one led. didn't want to fix it again so i left the non-working one in place.
some touch-ups, a few figures added. that should do the job for some first impressions. there are some plants added around the building. also i added a swimming pool.

all in all it looks quite ok but still needs some work to be done.

hotel entrance... some guests unloading their car right now...

closer look at the entrance...

more guests coming... atlas n-scale ford explorer with lights installed...

atlas ford explorer with open door...

view from the main street...

a tired guest sleeping in the corner suite....

...while another takes a nap in a double bed room...

just noticed the guy who installed all the air conditioners must have been quite drunk....

Edited by - sschaer on 06/29/2013 16:32:08

swchief3
Passenger

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  03:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is GREAT! Amazing work. For a minute, I thought the motel was a Super 8. It rang familiar, because I stayed in a Super 8 about a month and a half ago, when I went to Illinois for a wedding.
Go to Top of Page

CNCPVIA
Brakeman

Canada
272 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  19:27:16  Show Profile  Visit CNCPVIA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good job and pictures Sandro !

What did you use to lite your cars and trucks lights ?

Optic fiber from Under the layout ?
Go to Top of Page

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  12:50:31  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nope. all cars have leds installed. similar to the f150 thread in the 'how-to' section
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06