railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........04/27/2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  09:06:39  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
after painting all the parts including handrails my sd40-2 are now ready to be decaled. will have to print quite a few. maybe i will be able to apply a few today.

yesterday i spent a few hours helping my train buddy to assemble a few modules of his planned model railroad. as always we discussed different topics which resulted in the disassembly of the two modules already built. then we drilled a felt 7483929384 holes for easement of wireing. reassembly of the two modules, assembly of the new ones before we ran out of screws...
of course i had some silly ideas as usual. so we started discussing layout height and different mounting methods. not sure yet what he finally decided. but i guess he will follow my suggestion

i will post some pics later today.

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  11:28:43  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
disassembling of a module

drilling holes for wiring (and creating a mess)

smaller holes for the upper braces

markus drilling larger holes (approx 2")

assembled modules. trying to figure out the best height. left : original design, center : my suggestion, right : my suggestion but too high

Edited by - sschaer on 04/27/2014 11:31:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06