railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........05/26/2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2019 :  15:05:10  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

spent more time with the engine facility. track for the north-west entry is laid. not yet wired but at least glued in place.
also the internal structure of the building is done. i used 4mm plywood. this will be covered with styrene. with this construction the styrene should not warp too much. we'll see. on the south-east end i just played around with a few turnouts to see how everything fits together. not sure yet where the two sanding towers will finally be. not even sure if i will paint the brass one. (actually both are brass but one is painted silver).

in the meantime work continued on the city side. added the supports for the back wall/scenic divider. then i started work on the passenger return loop. there will be a short but rather steep hidden track bringing the passenger train back to the main yard. hopefully the 2.8% will not cause problems. the passenger station will hold 11 passenger cars and 2-3 engines. stay tuned

Edited by - sschaer on 05/26/2019 20:41:14
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.11 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06