railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........01/29/2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  09:24:04  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g'day mates ....

we spent the weekend of jan 22 up in the swiss mountains. needed to get a short break of everydays life. that's the reason there was no wwr.

in the meantime i did run some trains with mixed configurations. mid-trains units, head and tail end only, head end only. running long and heavy trains does not work with headend only. to much drag uphill causes the cars to derail. while running downhihll the train generates so much momentum that the first cars in front simply get pushed off the track. so either way i have to add mid-train or end-train units.

one of the turnouts recently caused many derailments. i was able to adjust it but it seems there's a bit of wood deforming going on. will have to use the dremel to add a tiny cut to the track to allow for moving a bit.

then i finally fixed a turnout in the nelson yard. it was the last one working the wrong way round. when powering the yard on it created a short because the turnout went the other way then the frog juicer. mounting the moving rod to the other side of the servo fixed the issue. no more shorts !
while working on the yard i noticed 4 turnouts do not work at all. after crawling around under the layout i found a ripped off wire. some soldering and we're back in business. at least so i thought.
one of my earlier servo mounts failed and another turnout had to be fixed. as a precaution i the replaced the servo mounts on even two more.
not sure yet if i replace the remaine 8 1st gen servo mounts as well. might be a good idea.

last but not least i also added some more bushes and weeds between the tracks. looks a lot more like an old and used yard now.

stay tuned ! fotos will be coming next sunday !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.16 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06