railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........03/24/2024
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2024 :  19:34:12  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g'day mates

spring is finally here. that means, there's some work to be done in the garden and that's what i did
trains had to wait for a few other things i had to do first.

i run a pair of very old jamo speakers (1991/1992) in my hobby room. over the years of use/abuse the loudspeaker beads got dry and brittle and finally ripped. just replacing the bass drivers would be one way of fixing the speakers. unfortunately i was not able to locate any specs of the old drivers. therefore installing "similar" would most likely have a negative impact on the sound. so i ordered 4 new beads. cleaning the remainings of the rotten beads was time consuming. especially getting rid of any leftover glue. installing the new beads was pretty simple. glue the bead on the cone first. then onto the chassis while keeping the cone centered. i used ordinary contact glue. so far the speakers ran for a few hours. no issues and good sound again. even at high levels.

here's the before picture. notice the brittle and broken bead ?

after cleaning out all that old bead :

here's the new bead.

looks like new.

all four done !

finally installed in the speaker

at first i thought this might be a really difficult task with little chance to get them running again. never done that before. but it was quite easy. just needs some time and steady hands. total cost : $50 for all four drivers.

yesterday i found a couple of trees in my mess. of course they were still stock. dipping in thinned white glue, sprinkle on some mixed fine turf and let them dry. that's all it needs to make beautiful trees out of the stock ones.

today i installed a few trees along the future residential area of banff. also a piece of plywood has been installed to form the base for all the buildings.

more trees added along the incline towards summit.

looking nice with the mountains in the backdrop.

this area is approx 12"/30cm deep. 6"/15cm for the upper level and the same for the lower level. incredible how much depth this photo backdrop adds to the scene.

that's it for this week !

Edited by - sschaer on 03/24/2024 19:44:23
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06