railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........02/14/2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  16:21:16  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

been a bit lazy last week. received my sd70acu kits and didn't even start one yet. been mostly just running trains. especially trains with a few tomix cleaning cars. unfortunately they seem to wear out pretty quick. so i just ordered another bunch of 6. have to figure out what to do to make them last longer.

also i did some wiring. soldering track feeders to the power bus. now operation on main on is very smooth.

today i ripped out some of the servos powering turnouts. 8 of the servos were of the version with plastic gearing. i will replace all with metal gear ones. once all 8 are replaced and adjusted there will be 8 more turnouts dcc controlled . there are 4 crossovers in front of the railroad stations. it will take some time to adjust all servos so they work perfect in pairs. after that the frogs will be powered as well. hopefully it will not mean to readjust the servos again. we'll see.

there will be approximately 50 more turnouts that need servos installed. lots of more work.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06