railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........04/05/2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  17:30:50  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g'day mates !

it is april already. incredible. march passed without a work report. have i been lazy ? not really. just had no time to work on my layout or anything else model train related. still healthy , no covid yet. just to much work in the office and around the house.

spring is here. that means lot's of work in the garden. 135 bags (50 liters each) of wood chips had to be carried up and distributed across the property. 25 bags (40 liters each) of fresh soil had to be brought up to be ready for planting vegetables and such. unfortunately it is not enough yet. approx 40 more bags of chips and 10 more bags of soil are needed. oh well.

there are many cats in the neighbourhood. using all the planting beds as their clean and fresh bathrooms. not funny at all. so i got myself some wood and flexible nets. the planting beds will receive poles on each corner. once done the net will be tacked into place closing all sides and even the top. this should keep animals of almost all kinds out of the beds. cats, foxes, birds and whatever else now need to find new bathrooms. damned critters. a few more evenings of work and i'm done.

weather will be cold and wet in the coming days so i might work on my layout instead. there are a few turnouts which still have plastic geared servos. will be replaced by metal geared ones. way more reliable. while at it i will place the servos on the opposite site of where they're now. why ? because currently the led of the fascia mounted turnout controls are wrong. led shows straight while the turnout diverts. could be corrected electronically but at 7.95 per turnout i rather mount the servos the other side round.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06