railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........05/16/2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2021 :  11:22:26  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
finally most of the work in the garden is done. for the moment. this gives me a little time to work on my layout and trains.

i received a rapido trains 10-car "the canadian" set in cp rail maroon paint scheme. beautiful cars with tons of details. guess that's what one can expect at $60 per car !
after quickly cleaning the track i decided to give the set a first run. the cars were quite difficult to place on track. not sure why. but they really gave me a hard time to place all 4 axles on the track. strange.
some of the couplers were badly bent downwards. after some examination i found out that the trip pin actually pushes the couplers down because it interferes with the bottom of the car. quick fix as well.
after coupling the 10 cars to two of my kato f40ph i noticed them to be short of power. what ?? they easily pull 12 kato cars. ok. add another loco. 3 f40ph were hardly able to pull the train around. these rapido cars rather drag along the track than roll. after some discussing with markus we started tweaking and fiddling with the cars. it seems like the axles are rubbing on the underframe detail of the cars. i had to sand down the underbody on each and every car !!! not really what i expect from a really high-price model !
obviously rapido has no quality control or a really poor one. canceled my remaining orders....

well, with these modifications the train set now runs smooth as silk.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.14 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06