railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........04/23/2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2023 :  21:21:25  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

the last two weeks i've been working on the wiring of mainline 3. had to tweak and change a few things to make it work. all turnouts are now powered and controllable thru dcc. works smooth. even the reversing section works perfect.

i built a box for the digitrax command station and boosters. after that i of course have to rework wiring of the remaining part of the layout as well. had to chase down a short which kept me busy for two evenings. now everything is ok.

looks like there's plenty of dcc power

beside the work on the layout i tinkered with two atlas sd60. for some reasons one runs jerky while the other one sounds like a coffee grinder. after approx 2 hours of trial and error i finally managed to make the noisy one silent. threw everything (except motor and decoder) in my ultrasonic cleaner for 20min, then used soap and an old tootbrush to clean everything. now that units runs silend and smooth.
but the other one keeps me thinking. replaced the decoder, cleaned everything. still runs jerky as a rabbit. i think there's something wrong with the motor. will replace it tomorrow and give it another run. maybe it helps.

finally i shot a quick video of my layout. using my smart phone, trying to keep it steady and still be careful where i step was quite tricky. so please excuse the poor quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Q1RdBQkwg
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.06 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06