railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........12/10/2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2023 :  18:42:15  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

due to a business trip i had 3 evenings less to work on my layout. instead i had "fun" with the german railroad (deutsche bahn). incredible. a few inches of snow and the german rail system falls apart. finding out in the middle of nowhere that the next train has been canceled is no fun. especially if there's no restaurant, heated waiting room or similar available. oh, we're talking about a city of approx 80'000 people ! no information, no phone number to call. just a short pa announcement "the train has been canceled". i then had the longest taxi ride of my life (after waiting 40minutes in the snow). 90miles/140km in wintery conditions. but i finally arrived at my destination.

once back the tree planting frenzy continued. until i ran out of trees. what else.

i also ran out of fascia material. so i just installed a few more of my custom made led lights.

today i fiddled around with my rolling thunder sound system. seems like one of the subwoofers (NOT bli ones !) had intermittent contact. after disassembling the amplifier i resoldered the cinch connectors. much better but not yet ok. seems like the power-on switch has some contact issues as well as the volume control. guess i have to open it again and use some contact cleaner.

while running some trains i lightly weathered a few rapido steel wheels. 300 to be exact. now 800 more to go.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.12 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06