railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........11/15/2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  07:48:04  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello out there

been tweaking and tuning some of the turnouts on the now officially called nelson sub. former setup yard. i use tamvalley quad decoder with the relay daughter board to power to frogs. unfortunately timing seems to be an issue. some of the relays switch before the turnout actually moves. thus causing a short. now there are two choices :
- adjust and re-install the servo (which moves the turnouts)
- add a frog juicer instead of the daughter board
second solution is easiert but total costs are higher since i already bought the daughter boards. guess i'll go with the frog juicers in the future.

the spur track leading from the layout to the work table is now wired including the turnout. another servo, frog juicer and fascia switch. soon this track will be ready for usage. just need a new table first.

after some interesting discussions with markus, some temporary placing of a backdrop we finally found the best solution for the missing part of the layout. first idea was to hide all the loops and such. but after some fiddling and tweaking of the right-of-way we now found a really smooth and interesting route. work already started but i ran out of plywood. the whole stretch of track from the main yard all around the room to the main town will most likely be wired as one single power district called "mountain sub". thinking of all the upcoming wiring work sends shivers down my spine. hours and hours crawling under and over the layout is really hard work.

i hope to have the first train running around the mainline by the end of the year.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.06 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06