railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........11/22/2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  12:43:51  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks....

holidays are over and the first week back at work was quite busy. didn't find as much time for my layout as i was hoping for. i still managed to continue on a few projects. two of my 3 zippo displays have now a home. just need to finish the wiring. quick task. will do. someday. in one of the coming years. after i've done all the honey-dos. winter wonderland is dust protected. more or less. that's why you can't see the scene.

hanging in the relax chairs, some chilled sound, a coffee and watching the zippos go round and round and round. quite peaceful.

as you all know the setup yard aka nelson yard is almost done. just needs a few more details, few more light effects, some tweaking on the turnouts and it's done. but since i currently have no idea what details, what light effects to add, i decided to work on a different part of the layout. i finally startet the missing part which will one day connect the upper deck with the lover and finally closes the two-track loop.

view from the main yard. will be closed with a backdrop once finished.

first i considered of hiding all those curves and wood work but after some discussion with markus i decided to leave the area open. it will be a narrow isle leading in this corner.

tracks from bottom to top :
- double tracks towards my workbench
- double track main climbing from the-town-to-be-named towards "summit"
- double track main and two sidings descending from summit

in the foreground there will be a large visible two track curve connecting the descending and ascending tracks. not sure yet how i build this part. i want the landscape to be open but this makes it less sturdy than scenic dividers screwed to the ceiling. we'll see.

Edited by - sschaer on 11/22/2020 12:46:21
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06