railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........01/01/2024
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

914 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2024 :  16:22:20  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello all

after a few really busy days i finally had some time to work on my trains. but first of all :

first i found another wiring mishap at the engine facility but now everything works fine and the facility seems to be quite crowded. some trains are stored here to make room in the main yard.

ballasting the mainyard continues. some tracks have already been done and after the glues dried will be back in service soon.

getting old has some disadvantages. for some reasons i orders two sets of prairie shadows hoppers therefore 42 hoppers have duplicate roadnumbers. meaning i have to renumber all of them and repaint some of them. bummer. but by beeing able to print my own decals i was able to do that job rather quick.

here are some impressions of the repainted/renumbered cars :

after running these cars for a while i noticed a few not-so-nice things :
- they track lousy
- lots of couplers are too loose
- unwanted uncouplings
- very noisy runners

i think the trucks are a tad too narrow. the wheels (not the axle points) rub on the trucks creating lots of drag and noise. not sure yet how i will fix these cars.

Edited by - sschaer on 01/07/2024 16:33:59
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.09 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06