railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........01/28/2024
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2024 :  20:46:26  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello folks

the last week i was ballasting all the turnouts at the south end of the yard and around the engine facility. this is quite a tricky task. add as much ballast as possible, add enough glue to hold the ballast in place but not enough to make the turnouts stick.

after the ballast completely dried i mixed another load of my famous putty. after covering the styrofoam along the engine facility all the way around the 180 degree curve i immediately added static grass as long as the putty was still wet. here are a few shots how it looks like by now.

close to the passenger station of the upcoming town.

curve towards the facility

engine facility. ballasted and some landscape done along the edge of the layout.

south end of the engine facility. ballasting completed. some landscaping done.

test fitting a few trees and the parking area for all these employees fixing engines and rolling stock.

then finally started work on the facility building. plywood construction will be covered with profiled sheet styrene. access doors on the north end. unfinished yet.

side view of the building. styrene attached but not yet cut to shape.

Edited by - sschaer on 01/29/2024 20:46:57
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.14 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06