railroad, model railroad, electronics
 weekly work reports
 weekly work report..........02/04/2024
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sschaer

913 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2024 :  18:23:27  Show Profile  Visit sschaer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello all...

last week i spent quite some time in my train room. besides ballasting a few turnouts i've been working on the scenery around the cp rail service facility. the building itself got some of the walls covered with styrene. also the north entry has been upgraded. then i created the parking lot for the employees, worked on the road to the facility.

work also continued in the area of banff. more of the styrofoam has been covered with my famous putty. while still wet i intended to apply static grass as well. but..... first my grass master quit work, second i ran out of medium green grass. i was able to fix the grass master. works perfect again. since i didn't want to wait for medium green grass i simply used a slightly different color. still looks nice.

almost all inhabitants of the future town of banff are railfans. therefore they needed a nice place to hang out and wait for trains. which spot was better than along the 180 curve at the entry of the town ? some putty, some grass, few bushes and a few trees. now we have a nice place for train spotters.

last but not least i need to build a bridge leading in/out of the town. i threw a few pieces of styrene together for test-fitting.

not too bad. just ordered a rix highway overpass kit. as soon as it arrives it will added to the layout. in the meantime work will continue on the service building. so stay tuned !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
cp-forum.net © 2010- cp-forum.net Go To Top Of Page
used electrons created this page in 0.08 secs. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06